Monday 7 January 2013

SILENCE

I’ve found this interesting and beautiful poem while i was browsing the internet. I would like to dedicate this poem to someone. I don't know why I keep thinking about him lately but I can feel as if now he treats me like a stranger. His silence is really killing me and I hate to see our friendship ends this way :(



Silence
Silence was heard as a distant voice
Like a nagging dream
And like the false echo
Of some thought’s constant ebbing
And like all those gathered laughters
Caught in some within
Bounded by the walls of tears
Thick with all surrounding
Like the caught up lingering pain
Through a groan ripening
And silence was heard like a dumb secret
All through the night – insisting.
Silence was seen through a desert path
Which leads to all the anywhere
Which leads to the stray route end
The beginning of despair.
Then silence was through the howling sandstorm
Hitting the eyes and ears
Through the footsteps of an enduring camel
Sure to reach somewhere.
And silence was in the History’s pages
Written with deliberate distortions
Kings and heroes all in them
Beyond boundless proportions
Through the hollow tales of wars
And cruelty and conquests
All the past with muted voice
Their silence so unrest.
Then through the haze of the cigarette smoke
Silence seen in the air
Winding and coiling spread of the smoking haze
Spreading all around in everywhere
And through the haze silence breathed
Inhaling the looping haze
Silence enters the nostril way
Circulating within like silent maze.
And silence was seen through a floating cloud
Unmindful of any direction
Careless of any here or there
Or any deeper inspiration
Then dragged by a sudden whirl of wind
With silence giving in
Cracking a whip on all its quiet
The boldest transforming.
Yet silence of the all over
After the storming spread
Floated with renewed aimlessness
Unguided, drifting ahead.
The smile of my lady, all silent
I guess on what she means
I think that it is more mysterious
Than an incomplete dream.
The smile of my lady, so silent
It can mean anything.
Yet I sit and wonder my whiles
Wondering all those nothings.
Silence in a blooming flower
The beauty showing slow
The fragrance spreading through the air
And fragrance still to grow.
And all the patience lay in wait
The patience in the air
Patience in the beholder’s eyes
The blooming flower all unaware.
Silence waits through with its bloom
The blossom to thrive the earth
Silence lay with silent wait
Wait for the blooming flower.
And silence still lay with the plucked flower ‘
Plucked from its silent stem
Silence of the hurt and tears
What silence in that pain!
And all the garden had watched the flower
Plucked with some possessive hand
Nature lay passive and mute
Nature stood its silent stand.
And still with all its remote existence
With silent head held high
Stood with pristine untrodden thoughtfulness
Its head touching the bluest sky.
The mountain stood tall with its silent calm
Deep with some deeper penance
Secret thoughts lay in the stony heart
Its heart beats in silence.
A rolling stone got all kicked
Many times and more
Did it sound out a word
After or before?
Rolling stone with all aloneness
Got kicked many times and more
After all its just a rolling stone
Forever as before.
And silence in the faithful bow
before a head held high
A silent submission always low
Before the power’s pride.
And silence in the hating to bow
Yet powerless bound within
The bonds of humility in that faithful bow
The faith all resisting.
All in silence lay dormant
Within the woman’s womb
A coming life for tomorrow to come
And start its beginning soon.
Silence in the stilled eyes of the
Painted portrait of my ancestor
Like the past looking at the present
Like a constant reminder
Like the reminding of the floating away time
Like the moment’s falling behind
Today’s turning to yesterday
With silence, those eyes remind.
Silence I see behind the mirror
While I comb my hair
The mirror tells me nothing
It just stares and stares
Silence in my very image
Through the mirrored face
The face with time changing
The mirror revealing its age.
Silence in the artist’s concentration
While his brush he strokes
On the canvas the forming shapes
Slowly gets evoked
And the shapes take their forms
Gradual yet with sure
Silence speaks through those shapes
Slowly, yet more by more.
Ignorance, with hollow emptiness
Has silence in its shout
Hollow shout echoing nothing
Though hollowness speaks aloud.
And silence in the midday sun
Seeks the western horizon.
Worries of some unsaid kind
In his silent frown
He trots the bus stop
From there to here
He paces up and down.
My curious looks with
My silent eyes
Watches him here to there
His silent frown
His ups and downs
Follow him every where.
A sudden unpleasant reminder
Covers all my quiet peace
With its silent sullenness
Sickening my silent bliss.
Not so silent was my silent surrounds
Yet quietness spread all through it
I heard the not so silent then
While I heard me breathe
And not so silent sound I heard
Even through that quiet
There was no escape from its sound
My ‘life’ I heard inside.
The silence in the hospital ward
Smelled with anesthesia
Smelled with wounds
Smelled with death
Smelled with waiting
Smelled with prayer
Smelled with hope
Smelled with despair
And smelled those everything
In the air.
And silence in his hollow looks
With his hollow footsteps
Was heard through the heart of the very silence
Churning out from some inner depths.
Who could he be
And what could cause
His hollow empty footsteps?
I heard his silence and
His hollow steps
As he walked and paced.
The inmate of the mental home
Walked his hollow steps
Through the boundary walls I heard
The echo of his silent footsteps.
And silence of some forgotten thought
Nags and pricks my mind
I hush it out
It stays within
As a reminder some kind.
Eclipsed moon silent, dark,
With shadow of earth,
Shading the earth
Floats the silence of the dark
Till colour of silence completes the black.
All with silence stared back at me
The blankness of this page
Silence lay while I thought my words
All silent with a patient wait.
Through the silence of my sleep
I heard my dream so clear
Not all silent was my dream
As it did appear.
And I woke into my dream
With dreaming noise around
Yet through silence the dream I heard
Sound of my dream profound.
Silence came coloured in blue
Came in my mind, came all through
Came through that door with that blue
All the blue came with you.
And silence went, coloured in blue
All that blue gone with you
Yet there were some remains
A colourless, dull and a sad silence.
The bottom of sea
The house of the silver fish
Which breathes the diffused green light,
It has the scattered sea shells
Scattered through a coral mesh
And has the deepest quiet.
All in silence plays the silver fish
Through that magic quiet
All movements thrive all through out
With silent watery delight.
Under the sea, in some deeper crest
Lies some pirate’s plunder
Centuries of age its silence undisturbed
Its presence unremembered.
Buried along some ship wreckage
Beyond the time’s hold
Its history forgotten to be heard or told
While silence treasures all its gold.
Silence forgets.
Silence rests
Under the sea
In that deeper crest.
A mug filled with wine in his hand
Right in front stands the world
His half closed eyes shut the all arounds
While he enjoys the mug full indulge
Sometimes he smiles at his all arounds
Sometimes he smiles to self
While he slowly sips the wine
Sitting with the charming spell.
And silence lay still for silence’ sake
After a noisy argument
Words were thrown aloud and around
Yet stayed with some silent presence.
All those voices and all their words
Were moving slow by slow
Yet silence lay still for silent’s sake
With all their noise filled echo.
Prayers told aloud in the hall of prayer
Hearts got filled with profound faith
Creator in silence heard them perhaps
For no doubt about it- He is so great.
Temptation in some stealthy creep
Entered so silent yet strong
Eating all reasons with powerful tares
While reasons fought weakly all along.
And temptation showed its tooth and claws
While reason fed all up
Temptation stayed silent no more
Turning to deed and act.
Silence lay on the stretch of a field
Silence lay in the air
Silence lay with those idle cows
Grazing here and there.
And silence had the morning freshness
With silence smelling the grass
The sun from distance watched with warmth
This little piece of the earth.
And death lay wide awake
In the vast open stretch
Where lies all the dreaming silence
Filling all the beyond spaces.
And death lay wide awake
In that beyondness
Overwhelmed with that dream
Fulfilling the silence – obsessed.
His silent tomb stone told his birth and death
His tomb stone told his name
His tomb stone told his dying in war
On its carved stony face.
His tomb stone told nothing more
And lay in that stony graveness
The rest of him I imagined
The soldier’s very young face.
The shout of a loudest crowd
Shut my mouth and words no doubt.
Silence with the flow of life
Breathing the time and events
Breathing in the moments of time
Breathing out memories of events.
Silence with the stillness of death
Stills the very moments
Defying each passing time
With its frozen events.
silence measured in a cup
filled with forgotten thoughts
silence drunk in it
with all nothingness and all forgots.
sipped within bit by bit
within measured limits
the limits of forgottenness
beyond boundless nothingness.
And future is silent
Bearing the burden of
All the unquiet present.
And future is silent
With every possibility
Of no matter what happens
And future is silent
Its happenings depending on
The noise burdened shoulders
Of the very present.
When night had promised me all its dark
When night had promised me all the dreams
When night had promised me all the silent sleep
I felt restless with unrest within.
For silence seemed to haunt the darkness
And darkness haunted the peace
And all of them danced the night
Dancing through my sleep.
Silence dancing all around
In and out of me
And in that silence rooted to self
Every noise I see.
And silence singing in and out
Silence all around
Through that silence I see the noise
The noise a distant sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment