Thursday 3 January 2013

CANCER ALERT

Dear Readers,

How many times have you gotten the same reminder especially thru your email regarding CANCER alert and yet you took thing for granted?

Infact, not even the tiniest thing can be taken for granted especially when that ‘thing’ has significantly greater chance of side effects that may cause permanent damage and can risk your life!

I hope this negative attitude can be changed for our own benefit, after all prevention is better than cure! please share this article to your loved ones, friends and family members.

Starting from now onwards, I pledge myself to use more glass when heating the food especially in a microwave oven and move away plastic bottles and foam containers to avoid dioxins which can cause cancer, I hope the others will follow suit.

If you have a family member who has been diagnosed with cancer, I beg you to stand by his/her side and give your moral support until at the end of his/her life. Your encouragement is needed as the victim at this point of time can be very emotionally fragile while battling cancer.

Recently I’ve watched a tv programme and I was very touched with a story of the cancer victim whose husband dumped her, leaving her to raise six children all by herself. I could hardly imagine if I had to go through the same condition, I even asked my self “how am I going to face all the burdens if the similar situation happens to me?”. Her sad story really broke my heart!

Questions such as “how could the husband dump her in the most difficult time like that?”, “how could the world be so cruel to her?” kept lingering on my mind and yes I cried for her but I knew that I couldn’t do anything to help her ease the pain. I could only pray to god to give her a peaceful mind. 

I  thought I could simply forget about her and concentrated more on my own life, a selfish feeling even occured to why i should bother about someone’s life who has no connection with me at all!
But then I’ve received an email regarding Cancer disease and again… I can’t stop thinking about her and  my level of sympathy for her is now increase even more!

Based on my own experience, I’ve never been so scared in all my life until I found out that I had a lump in my breast.  I went for a mamogram test, biopsy test & ultrasound test. Making appointments with the doctor in the General Hospital have become part of my monthly routine until I got fed up with it and couldnt wait to have that bloody fcuking lump to be removed!  After a discussion with my doctor and my family,  I went to the private hospital for an operation to remove the lump. My family  and my best friend Marla were very supportive towards me, they were there giving moral support before I went to the operation theater. 

A week later I've got the result.  Thank god there was no sign of an active cancer cell called malignant and I started to feel relief…. but whenever someone starts to mention about CANCER i will be overly sensitive with this issue cos I’ve been thru a hard time facing the circumstances that I might become its victim.
 
I hope someday, somehow...CANCER can be cured!!!

Best Regards,
FERGIE ROSE

No comments:

Post a Comment